Friday 1 March 2013

Curtains.



When I was in China I decided to buy some curtaining. Of course any one  I have told has looked at me a bit peculiar, after all I don’t have a house at the moment as we are house sitting, and am not sure when we will settle down. Even so, I have often looked at the curtaining in China with covetous eyes, and this time I succumbed. I bought 35 meters hoping it will be enough for at least a lounge if there are is a ranch slider and a window…it’s all guess work really, but the material is so lovely I couldn’t resist it.

Here are some pictures from some of the curtain shops in the shops close to Alex’s place in China. I spent a few days looking around before I decided what to get. The pics of what  I have bought may not be so clear, its bundled up. The parcel arrived a couple of days ago and I have just laid the material out on the spare bed.

 
The curtain shop where I bought my curtains.
Some of the lovely curtains for sale.
Lovely hems on the curtains.
More for sale.
The beading to go on the bottom of mine.

My curtains partly unwrpped. Sparkly but not too much.

The beading. I will have to sew this on the hem.

Part of the pattern.

The bottom part of the length.

A bit more...half of the length.


The costs you might ask? Around $10 Australian a meter including the cost of having it all posted back to me in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment