Friday 13 July 2012

He came back.

I am pleased to say my bird came back. He, or she, arrived later in the day, and as usual asked for his daily bread. I was so pleased to see him.  He sat on the large pot plant calling me, and then as he ate the bread he talked to me, then with a larger piece of bread in his beak, sat on the edge of the pot, looked at me, and sang before he flew off. I am so pleased to see him back.

In case you have never heard a pied butcher bird, they are said to be one of the most beautiful of all Australian song birds.  Here are two recordings. One is a recording of butcher birds in the outback.

http://www.listeningearth.com.au/blog/a-beautiful-nature-sound-recording-pied-butcherbirds-in-the-australian-outback


Below is a youtube clip of a butcher bird recorded in someones back yard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfaplSc5ieM

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lana. I saw your profile/whatever on TACA a few weeks ago and noticed your book, which I have just purchased from Book desposity UK. Like you, hubby and I have taught in China (for seven years) and are going back next month for another year (or two!)I read one of your stories on-line and thought what a wonderful thing, just what I was looking for, for my students and Aussie based, what a bonus. Cheers Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm green with envy, would love to go back, but my teaching days are over now. Retired and using my time with more writing. I hope you have a fabulous time. Lana.

    ReplyDelete