Wednesday 29 August 2012

Got the bot.

I have just looked up Google, to find the origin of this term, and its all a bit odd. According to Google, 'got the bot' is a Kiwi saying that means all is good.  Well, my Dad used to use it, being a Kiwi and all, to say he was crook, sick, under the weather, you know what I mean.
I thought I would look up some other words for sick, guess what I found.
http://www.internetslang.com/SICK-meaning-definition.asp says sick means, 'awesome, cool".
Heaven help the English language.

Well I am not feeling awesome or cool, I am feeling sick in the original term, in other words 'got the bot'.

Peter got it first, and in his generous way, handed it on to me. We haven't had the fevers, so its not the real flu. There have been quite a few deaths with the Type A flu doing the rounds this year, it's a nasty one. But what Peter got, and so lovingly shared, is a cold of the inth degrree, and then a cough. And it's the sort of cough that comes from your boots up, and almost brings up the entire stomach with it.

So we toddled off to the doc who says our chests are clear. That was my main concern, don't want to get chest infections. What we seem to have is a head manufacturing tons of gunk, and it's mostly running down and becoming, rather than a post nasal drip, a post nasal waterfall. I tried different night and day pills, which help for a  while, and once my head dries up for a while I can lie down in bed, but once the coughing starts again, I have to get up.  So last night was my best nights sleep for a few days, three hours in bed then another three hours in the armchair. This house has lovely comfy leather lazyboy armchairs, and they are okay for sleeping in too.

Fortunately, there is still enough firewood left so we have kept the fire going all night to keep the house warm and toasty, and as we are up and down all night, the house is very comfy. But the firewood will come to an end soon. Peter says there is more there, it just needs chopping, but he is still feeling a bit 'bot-ish' still, so no wood chopping for him for a while. Once we get over this,we won't need the fire much, the weather is warming up, and the evenings are not so cold either.

So I will be back in a day or two, once I get over the worst of this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment