Wednesday 23 January 2013

Droughts, fires and elastic in your knickers.


This website is driving me nuts, it's so slow!!!!! At least I can now upload images, but it's still like watching paint dry. How exciting!

Aussie is living up to its normal reputation as far as weather goes. The inside of the country is on fire, and the top end is flooding.

There are still many fires merrily burning away in the inside of the country, most of them contained or under control, and some just doing their thing if they are not impacting on people much. But up north, there is a cyclone. It has dumped lots of rain up round Cairns and Townsville, and is slowly working its way south. We have had one or two showers, and the ground has been very thankful, and the Bureau of Meteorology, or BOM as we call it, says the whole weather system is sliding down the  east coast and may get some heavy rain down our way in a few days. The ground is desperately in need of some rain, but this country doesn’t seem to understand moderation. If it rains, you get 5, 10, or 20 inches dumped on you over a few days, then nothing again for months. Oh well! At least we are not having the winter weather that the north is getting. Northern China, Russia, England and USA are all up to their eyeballs in snow.

I don’t know if you girls have the same problem I do, but trying to find knickers with decent elastic is becoming a problem. Either it gets all saggy after a little while and at the most inopportune times it slides down inside your jeans, and the legs go all baggy and horrible, or as has happened with me, the fabric goes nice and soft and the elastic will not soften at all. It’s like wearing strangulating rubber bands round the tops of your legs.
Elastic, tight, strong, well sewn, and the fabric will decay years before the elastic gets soggy.
 In frustration, I am chucking out all my knickers. I have a few pairs that I bought in China some years ago, they are so comfortable, but they really do look like old dusting cloths now. The problem is, it seems such a waste to spend heaps of money on stuff that no one sees! However, I was determined that this time comfort was to come before pocket, and I walked into the local Kmart planning to spend up to $100 on a whole new set of knickers.

Ahhh, much softer, and hopefully my legs won't feel like a lambs tail being docked.
Haha, I should have taken the time to look at them earlier. They have them there, three pairs for $8.00! And they have soft elastic around the legs! And the colours are quite pretty too! If you come round I’m happy enough for you to see them hanging on the clothes line. And they have cotton and elasticy fabric! So for the princely sum of $24 I have a new set of knickers. I think the tops of my legs will be very grateful.

You might think this is a rather personal and trite subject to write about, but I can tell you for sure, that if your knickers are not comfortable, then life takes a turn for the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment