Monday 1 October 2012

Getting rid of those bobbles on your clothes.

I think the correct word is 'pill', those little bobbles of cotton or whatever that roll into little balls on your clothes and look horrible. Many of the modern day fabrics pill easily, the cheaper ones more so, but even the more expensive ones can soon turn horrible.

There are all sorts of little gadgets you can buy to sort of shave these 'pills' off the clothes. Some of them are okay and some are totally useless. The ones that are not bad are battery driven and the batteries run out just when you are half way through doing a t-shirt or something.

Well I have the answer to that, but I don't know if they are available in Aussie.I was staying in a hotel in Shanghai, and had a sweat shirt covered in bobbles, it looked old and tatty.Oh by the way, if you ever go to  China, don't be scared of the smaller hotels. You don't have to say in 4 or 5 star places. Hotel chains like Hanting or Home Inn are cheap and fine. Anyway,  I was walking round the block and in a 7/11 type shop found this.
This little gadget is fabulous. If you look at the bottom picture you can see the two prongs for plugging it into the power. In China they  have straight up and down prongs, so you need an adapter, available everywhere in travel shops. But after plugging this rechargeable thing in for an hour or two its ready to do another one or two pieces of clothing, and it shaves off every little bobble, and does not cut the fabric. Its quick and has a large head that covers a large area in a short space of time.

You can see the offcuts in the clear handle, I got rid of all the bobbles on a black singlet top I had.
I paid 50 RMB for this, about $8.50 US. I don't use it heaps, but when I do, its easy to recharge and get rid of the 'pills'. It's a terrific little gadget.


No comments:

Post a Comment