Monday 7 October 2013

au.edreams.com.....a rip off travel company.





I’ve been toying with the idea of going back to China next year just for a couple of weeks when my book is released. I have been checking out a few fares just for comparison.

Today I asked my favourite mate, Mr Google, and I got this.

This Week’s Hot Deal - Get A Travel Quote
         
Unbeatable Holiday Deals
Guangzhou from $249 - Offer on flights to Guangzhou‎
Book Now for Brisbane-Guangzhou!

Well for $249 each way, I could be interested. But when you go onto the website, you can’t find the flights for this price. So I rang the customer service number. I got a nice lady, probably from the Philippines. After stating my problem this is the story.

They have advertised flights from Brisbane to Guangzhou for $249.00.

The flights have to be booked on line.

They don’t know what dates this price applies to…she does not know.

They don’t know which airline is offering this price…she does not know.

She is not able to help me at all in any way to find these advertised flights.

I asked her to ask her boss, which she said she did, and the reply is the same. We don’t know when that price applies and we don’t know which airline. We are sorry we can’t help you further.

What a rip off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment