Friday 15 November 2013

Post Office . . .gone AWOL.


We went to Carindale shopping centre yesterday. Its one of the biggest malls in this area. They have all the big shops like Myers and David Jones, along with lots of boutique shops, and all the usual supermarkets etc, lots of coffee places and has large wide airy walking spaces, in general a nice place to wander around.
 

 
I was on the lookout for a particular type of glass, and thought I would find it there. I also wanted to pay an account and thought I would do it at the Post office. Actually the Post Offices in Aussie are really good, they provide a huge number of services, not only postal but you can pay all sorts of accounts there.

We used to get to the Post Office from the car park easily, and as usual took the escalators up to level 2. The Post Office has gone! There is a car place there instead selling some sort of posh car! We asked where it was and was  told it was in Terry Whites Chemist. (You might think that is a dopey place for a Post Office....so did I)

We found Terry Whites Chemist and they told us the Post Office was just an agency in their other store on the ground floor. Well we walked almost the width and breadth of the mall looking for this small chemist hidden away.

‘Post office?’ I asked?

‘Yes….but just an agency’.

‘I want to pay an account,’ I said.

‘No, we just do postage. You have to go to a different place to find the Post Office now if you want to pay an account. There is no proper Post Office in the mall.’

How crazy is that! A huge mall, visited by thousands of people a week, and not a Post Office in the place!

One lady said, ‘I think people were getting fed up with the long lines at the Post Office that meant it blocked some of the shoppers from moving around freely.’

‘You would think that showed a need for the place here then!’ I said.

She just shrugged her shoulders and said it had gone.

That is the dopiest thing I have come across in a long time. Every mall I can think of has a Post Office attached somewhere, but not this one.
Australia Post needs to take a look at this one I reckon!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment