Sunday 24 November 2013

The bane of my life!


We have had a week or so of storms, with more to come. The poor dog does not like them so we keep a close eye on her when it is too noisy with the thunder. We had a beaut a few days ago, and for the first time we had hail. It was only small, but on the Sunshine Coast, they had hail the size of golf balls and tennis balls. Have a look at this...amazing...you will have to put up with a fifteen second advertisement first......
 
 I will try and load up this video I took.

 
The sky was black to the east, the sun was out to the west and the thunder was still
rumbling around overhead.
We go food shopping every 3 or 4 days, getting fresh meat etc. When I lived in this area about three years ago I used to shop at this Woolworths Supermarket in Mayfair all the time. You can see some trolleys in this pic too, and often when you go back the chains are all locked up or tangled...a real nuisance.
 
 But over the past few visits, while at this house sit, I have been really disappointed. The level of service has gone down. When we went the other day, at about 9.30 am, some of the aisles where full of people packing the shelves. I wanted some fresh fish for dinner, but they stuff they had looked really old. Most of it had been frozen and thawed out. Half of the trays were not labelled or named or priced. In the end I bought some hoki but it had been frozen and was not nice. They also had some huge pieces of fish, which was fresh. Each piece must have weight around a kilo. I asked if she would cut one up for me, but no, she was not allowed to cut it. A bit crazy I thought.

One of the things I really really hate about some of the supermarkets here, are the shopping trolleys. Lots of places in Aussie have these now, and I hate them with a vengeance. They have a locking device and you must put in a coin to release it. It is designed to make the shopper take the trolley back to claim their coin again, because so many people just leave them out in the car park. This is another case of insulting the honest ones or those that put the trolleys in the right places all the time anyway. I hate it how the whole world is geared for the crooks, making the life of the honest ones much more complicated.
 
 
Anyway, there is a Coles supermarket at Wynnum Plaza and they don’t have these security gadgets, so I am going to go there more. They also have nice fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment