Monday 10 September 2012

Day three in Melbourne.

Ahh, well our house sit doesn't have Foxtel, but my daughter does. We have been watching the US Open, tennis, and yesterday Serena Williams won the women's title and today its a marathon between Andy Murray and Djokovic. They are both exhausted, well into the fifth set, and they have been going for about four hours.

The winner of the men's and women's titles gets 1.9 million US$. Not bad for a few hours work. Of course they train for years for this, but I reckon it will take me nearly 160 years on the pension to get that sort of money.  Ah well, Andy Murray has finally won, and it was just a couple of minutes under 5 hours.

I got quite cold yesterday when we were out, and I have woken up with a sore throat again, and a sore foot, so am having an easy day. Peter has gone out for a walk round the local area.

Tomorrow is my graduation, the reason for the trip down here and on Thursday morning we fly back. I don't want to be sick for either of those things. It is a nice day today but the forecast for tomorrow evening and Thursday morning is lousy.

No comments:

Post a Comment