Friday 7 September 2012

Off to Melbourne.....

One of the drawbacks of house sitting is that you can't take a few days and wander off for a bit of a break. If you have pets to care for, then you must be home morning and night at the least. We often do day trips if we have pets to care for, but you have to be here for the feeding and watering etc.

However, our present house sit is pet free. Even so, we need to be here, so we don't get to have weekends away. If one of us wants to go somewhere, the other one stays home. Still, this weekend we are going away. With the home owners permission we have asked a friend to come in for the days we are away. We are off to Melbourne to stay with one of our daughters. After two years of full time study and passing all the exams, I go down for my Masters Degree graduation at Swinburne University. I'll put up a picture once its over. The thesis, or in this case as it was a writing degree, what they call 'The artifact', or in lay-mens terms 'the end result' of all this work was my book recently published called China or Bust, the story about Peter and I going to China to teach English and our life there.


I use the English version of my Chinese name for writing.


So we are both looking forward to a few days away, some time with our daughter, doing some sightseeing around Melbourne, and unfortunately, we are going to have some cold weather.....brrrrr....we have to take our winter woollies.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment