Sunday 16 September 2012

My baby.

If you go back into the previous months, you will find a post called The Circle of Life, and I talked about a bird that we found dead.  The next day we found that it wasn't my tame bird that had died but some other bird. (Lets face it they all look the same).

So here is a short update on my bird, a pied butcher bird. The picture is not my 'baby' but a pied butcher bird that frequented us when we were doing a house sit on the Sunshine  Coast. They are said to be the bird with the most beautiful song in Australia.



He has become more and more tame. In the mornings he will come to the back ranch slider and cling to the security mesh door and call me. If I have missed that visit, then I have now found that I can open the ranch slider and call him. I have given him the name of 'baby'. Not very inventive really, but it sort of evolved. So I can go the the back door, call him and he will come, with what is probably his wife, and sing to me as I feed him. He is the most fabulous little bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment