Sunday 23 September 2012

Movie scripts

The last two Saturdays have been spent at a workshop dealing with writing movie scripts. Among my writing forays, I have done three quarters of a movie script taken from two books written by an author in Brisbane. I know the author well, and I have been working on this, on and off for about 18 months. So we both went to this workshop run by Veny Armanno, a lecturer from one of the universities in town.It was good value for money and got the juices running again. So  now, not only do I have the normal stuff running round in  my head, I have resurrected all this script stuff too.

It was quite a good method of networking too. All those present, about 20 of us were interested in writing scripts. I will wait and see what comes of it all.

On the Saturday night, Peter and I went out to dinner with our son. He lives in Brisbane, and we arranged to spend a bit of time with him and his wife.

We went to the Bronco's club for dinner. I think Australia might be a bit unique when it comes to sports clubs and eating out. Some of the little clubs just have fairly small dining rooms that the public can go to, but some of the bigger ones have really good meals. The cost was $38 each, and that was for the seafood smorgasbord. So you had access to all the seafood all the time, so I guess that is pretty good value if you want to really tuck in.

This is the front of the building.



Broncos Leagues Club is a $30 million dollar entertainment complex as well as the home to the Brisbane Broncos.  Conveniently located just 8 minutes from the CBD at Red Hill we have ample parking available.  The Club boasts 280 gaming machines with Keno and TAB, our famous seafood buffet in The Buffet, and the new 88 Restaurant Cafe and Bar with views of the Brisbane Broncos training field. There’s also Alfie’s Bar which is the perfect venue to catch the latest from the world of sport and entertainment 5 days a week. With something for everyone, it’s the perfect place for friends and family to meet in a safe and friendly atmosphere.   
http://www.broncosleagues.com.au/default.asp?contentID=770

They are a rugby league club, and pretty famous in Australia, one of the top teams. I'm not really a Rugby league fan, I prefer rugby union, in my view a much  more flowing game. But here in Aussie rugby league and a game called Australian Rules Football, which  at first sight is a game with no rules and is the funniest game to watch, these two games are religions here.

Anyway, we had a lovely meal. I'm not sure how many people they can seat in this restaurant, they have several, but it would be a couple of hundred I guess.

So a good meal of prawns, fish, oysters etc was enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment